Sponsored by the the Art Department and the Art Connection Club (ACC)
Sign-up and pay in advance to reserve a seat.
Cost: $25.00* (cash) to the Art Department, NCC.
See Bruce Wall, Tom Shillea, Alan West, or a representative of the ACC.
* Covers bus transportation, museum admission extra, galleries are free
Be prompt. Busses cannot wait for you.
- 7:45AM *Be ready to board bus (NCC North Campus in front of Gates Center/Hampton Winds)
- 8:00 AM *Bus departs promptly for NYC
- 10:15 AM • Arrive at the Whitney Museum of American Art, Students: $18. Adult: $22. 99 Gansevoort St, New York, NY 10014, (212) 570-3600,
The 2017 Whitney Biennial Is The Most Politically Charged in Decades, by Jerry Saltz
“Right now, art simply needs to do what it does best. That is, continue, in the words of D.H. Lawrence, by “pioneering into the wilderness of unopened life.” – Jerry Saltz
Whitney Biennial, by Dan Fox, Frieeze.com
Lew and Locks’ biennial understands that life doesn’t come at us in neat themed-group-show packages. Life doesn’t ‘deal with’ or ‘interrogate’ or ‘explore notions of’ diddly-squat: life is scrappy, attractive, grubby, screwed-up, hopeful, desperate, ugly, unfair, unfathomable, provisional, celebratory, funny, heartbreaking, sarcastic, insulting, exclusionary, inclusive, sociable, violent, physical, cerebral. Which, at least in places, is what this show tells us so well. – Dan Fox
- Lunch: Chelsea Market, 10th Ave & 15th St., Bottinos, 10th Ave. & 24th St., many other options as well. Recommend bringing energy bars, snacks, etc. to save money.
- Tour Chelsea galleries (free) between 13th St. and 30th St., 10th & 12th Ave. (See Chelsea Gallery Listings)
- Dinner: Chelsea area restaurants. Recommend bringing your own for the bus ride back.
- 6:45 PM Be ready to board bus at 10th Ave. & 24th St.
- 7:00 PM *Bus departs from 10th Ave. & 24th St. for return trip to PA
- 9:00 PM *Bus arrives NCC North Campus
Spending Money: – Bring approx. $50*, for food, Armory Show (optional), etc. (It’s smart to have some emergency* funds too.) Miss the Bus? Bus lines operate from Port Authority at 41st St. and 8th Ave. Trans-Bridge (800-962-9135 ext.93, ticket sales at NJ Transit windows #1-10) Bieber (800-243-2374, ticket sales windows 27 & 28) cash only*
New York City – Chelsea Gallery District
(East of 10th Ave.)
521 West 21st St. Bing Wright
509 West 24th St. Pier Paolo Calzolari
297 10th Ave. Bernar Venet
515 West 27th St. Max Ernst