Sponsored by the the Art Department and the Art Connection Club (ACC)
Sign-up and pay in advance to reserve a seat.
Cost: $25.00* (cash) to the Art Department, NCC.
See Bruce Wall, Tom Shillea, Alan West, or a representative of the ACC.
* Covers bus transportation, museum admission extra, galleries are free
Be prompt. Busses cannot wait for you.
- 7:45AM *Be ready to board bus (NCC North Campus in front of Gates Center/Hampton Winds)
- 8:00 AM *Bus departs promptly for NYC
- 10:15 AM • Arrive at the Whitney Museum of American Art, Students: $18. Adult: $22. 99 Gansevoort St, New York, NY 10014, (212) 570-3600,
The 2017 Whitney Biennial Is The Most Politically Charged in Decades, by Jerry Saltz
“Right now, art simply needs to do what it does best. That is, continue, in the words of D.H. Lawrence, by “pioneering into the wilderness of unopened life.” – Jerry Saltz
Whitney Biennial, by Dan Fox, Frieeze.com
Lew and Locks’ biennial understands that life doesn’t come at us in neat themed-group-show packages. Life doesn’t ‘deal with’ or ‘interrogate’ or ‘explore notions of’ diddly-squat: life is scrappy, attractive, grubby, screwed-up, hopeful, desperate, ugly, unfair, unfathomable, provisional, celebratory, funny, heartbreaking, sarcastic, insulting, exclusionary, inclusive, sociable, violent, physical, cerebral. Which, at least in places, is what this show tells us so well. – Dan Fox
- Lunch: Chelsea Market, 10th Ave & 15th St., Bottinos, 10th Ave. & 24th St., many other options as well. Recommend bringing energy bars, snacks, etc. to save money.
- Tour Chelsea galleries (free) between 13th St. and 30th St., 10th & 12th Ave. (See Chelsea Gallery Listings)
- Dinner: Chelsea area restaurants. Recommend bringing your own for the bus ride back.
- 6:45 PM Be ready to board bus at 10th Ave. & 24th St.
- 7:00 PM *Bus departs from 10th Ave. & 24th St. for return trip to PA
- 9:00 PM *Bus arrives NCC North Campus
Spending Money: – Bring approx. $50*, for food, Armory Show (optional), etc. (It’s smart to have some emergency* funds too.) Miss the Bus? Bus lines operate from Port Authority at 41st St. and 8th Ave. Trans-Bridge (800-962-9135 ext.93, ticket sales at NJ Transit windows #1-10) Bieber (800-243-2374, ticket sales windows 27 & 28) cash only*
New York City – Chelsea Gallery District
(East of 10th Ave.)
DAVID ZWIRNER 537 West 20th St. John McCracken Al Taylor
JACK SHAINMAN GALLERY 513 West 20th St. Enrique Martinez Celaya
PAULA COOPER GALLERY 534 West 21st St. Evan Holloway
521 West 21st St. Bing Wright
BARBARA GLADSTONE 530 West 21st St. Wangechi Mutu
GAGOSIAN GALLERY 522 West 21st St. Albert Oehlen
SIKKEMA JENKINS & CO 530 West 22ndST. Vik Muniz
PPOW 535 West 22nd St. Annabeth Rosen
HAUSER & WIRTH 548 West 22nd St. Jack Whitten Serialities
MARIANNE BOESKY GALLERY 507 West 24th St. Pier Paolo Calzolari
509 West 24th St. Pier Paolo Calzolari
METRO PICTURES 519 West 24th St. Sputterances: Organized by Sanya
JACK SHAINMAN GALLERY 513 West 20th St. THE PAST IS PRESENT:
Brad Kahlhamer, Turiya Magadlela, Hank Willis Thomas
LURING AUGUSTINE GALLERY 531 West 24th St. Johannes Kahrs
PACE GALLERY 537 West 24th St. Julian Schnabel
MARY BOONE GALLERY 541 West 24th St. Allen McCollum
FREDERICKS & FREISER 536 West 24th St. Lamar Peterson
C24 GALLERY 560 West 24th St. Christian Vincent
CHEIM & READ GALLERY 547 West 25th St. Ron Gorchov
CLAIRE OLIVER GALLERY 513 West 26th St. Barbara Earl Thomas
JAMES COHAN GALLERY 533 West 26th St. VANISHING POINTS: Curated by
GALERIE LELONG 528 West 26th St. Jane Hammond
MITCHELL-INNES & NASH 534 West 26th St. Monica Bonvicini
PAUL KASMIN GALLERY 293 10th Ave. Les Lalanne
297 10th Ave. Bernar Venet
515 West 27th St. Max Ernst