Web Designers & Web Developers
Learning the Required Skills and Tools
You will learn the basics of Photoshop, Illustrator, and graphic design concepts in Computer Graphics. An Introduction to Web Design, students are exposed to modern design and usability concepts, as well as instruction on the technical implementation of web layouts in HTML & CSS.
Upon completion of the specialized diploma program, students will publish a portfolio of websites and interactive designs online on the personal webspace provided by the college.
Career Opportunities in Website Design
Web designers create visual concepts, using computer software and scripting languages to communicate ideas and solve problems for companies and consumers. They help to make an organization recognizable by selecting colors, images, or logo designs that represent a particular idea or identity to be used in advertising and promotions.
Our Students Successfully Transfer
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you offer hands-on learning?
Northampton’s Communication Design program offers you a well-balanced education through classroom and computer lab learning experiences under the supervision of talented and experienced instructors, in the College’s state-of-the-art facilities. This education will be critical when you enter the workforce or transfer to baccalaureate degree programs.
What are the job opportunities?
As a graduate of the Communication Design program, you can expect to find employment as a web designer, freelance designer, web developer, and webmaster.
What are the application requirements?
Applicants to the program should contact the Admissions Office at 610-861-5500 for general information on applying to the College.
Who should apply for this program?
- High school graduates.
- College students.
- Individuals presently employed in the communications or technical field seeking an opportunity to upgrade current skills and knowledge.
- Individuals considering a career change.
What will I learn in the program?
- You will understand the basic concepts and use of HTML scripting language.
- You will know how to use current Web design authoring software.
- You will know how to optimize graphics files for the Web.
- You will know how to use a basic digital camera to capture content for the Web.
- You will understand copyright laws as they apply to Web design.
- You will understand the history and development of the World Wide Web and the Internet.
- You will know how to place a Web site online using FTP software.
- You will know how to test and monitor Web sites that are online.
- You will know how to “tweak” Web sites for viewing on current Web browsers.
Website Design Courses
This program requires the attendance of day classes and can not be completed taking only evening classes.
Have Some Questions?
We’d like to hear from you.
If you have any questions or comments that you would like to share with us, please fill out our form.
Northampton Community College
3835 Green Pond Road
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania 18020